Having Vision & being flexible

Having Vision & being flexible
a little something like this....may end up as the alternative due to $$

Monday, March 1, 2010

Still Working Out The Kinks

Did a lot this weekend. Sleep which is my constant quest! Then with the dancing lessons and building an "Snow Fort" on the front lawn with the kids which took a solid four hours of WORK! It all started with a timely nap followed by a Protein/Nescafe' shake. It began with me marshaling the troops and barking out orders to stop throwing snowballs an start making the foundation. Once it was about two feet high and 18 inches wide I began cutting out bricks from the pristine front lawn snow. At one point the dog got loose and was running amok in the streets and front yard. Chaos reigned for awhile but order was restore so construction could continue. Hot chocolate was provided by mom to keep the workers hopped up an production levels high. It worked. I have photos that I will post but I right now I can't find the charger for the camera and the battery is dead. Thank God we got a bunch of pictures prior to the battery death to have a record of the Snow Fort because the next morning with the rise in temperatures; like Jericho the walls came a tumbling down! "Tlamo" the Inuit word for snow that falls in big wet flakes. That's the perfect snow for making bricks for igloos. I realized after a few hours that if I slightly beveled the top of the bricks towards the inside that it would create a bend in the circular wall which if persisted would deliver the domed igloo. We only got up to about 5 1/2 feet before it got dark and it became a "Crazed Daddy" thing to continue. You can tell you've gone too far when the kids have lost interest and you look around and you're the only one out there. So we/I stopped. People were stopping there cars and taking pictures which was pretty cool. Now I've got you all hyped up for the pictures eh? Well you'll have to tune in again after I find/purchase a new charger. Needless to say when the caffeine and sugar wore off the muscle seizure began. Cue the laughter....

No comments:

Post a Comment