Having Vision & being flexible

Having Vision & being flexible
a little something like this....may end up as the alternative due to $$

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rant of the Day

Peanut Butter containers! When is Jiffy or any other Peanut butter manufacturer going to create a container that when its down to the last third it does not cause for me to be frustrated trying to extract the "product!" Half the time if I can get any out I end up with some of it on my hand. I don't realize I have some on my hand until I've transferred it somewhere on my clothing!
I had thought maybe a collapsible accordion style container where the accordion portion is only the top third which impedes getting to the bottom third because of the depth of said container. The collapsible portion would decrease the length/depth of the container enough for you to comfortably get to the bottom. Then I thought that all they had to do would be to make the containers wider! Duh! They could maintain the volume and alleviate the getting gak on your hands because the depth would again be decreased & the opening would be wider! Duh! Or, here come the real genius put another cap on the other end so that when you get to the bottom or near you just turn the container over!!!! Huh??? No I haven't figured out which would be more cost effective and I'm not sure how much it would be to retool for a different size container but there would be the immediate revenue increase since no one else would have it. So increased sales would offset a portion of the retool. They'd only need one extra machine inserted into the assembly line; a flipper where the container is flipped and another cap is affixed to the other end. No that's not right, they would need two more machines; I forgot about the one that puts the threads on the end of the container since were going to need both ends threaded. No three they'd need another one to affix the added top to the extra threaded end. Oh well! Right about now you're probably thinking that I either drink too much coffee, have too much time on my hands or am truly disturbed. Well I'll admit that I drink too much coffee but this is one of those pet peeves that I've done polls on and I found that everyone is annoyed about it but never enough to take the time to complain to anyone who could effect change. Now I'm not without compassion I understand that it has to be cost effective but I believe that people would flock to the company that corrected the problem. To those of you who think that the accordion style wouldn't be able to be stacked I figure that the pressure of the product in the sealed container would help maintain container integrity. See not so stupid after all;-) The conspiracy theory side of me wants to believe that it is a case of "Planned Obsolescence" where they know that you can't get the bottom portion out and therefore need to go back out and purchase more of their "Product." That would truly be un American and totally evil if true; but then again they never found any damage from where the wings should have been on the Pentagon either! Coincidence, I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment