Having Vision & being flexible

Having Vision & being flexible
a little something like this....may end up as the alternative due to $$

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Black Slavery 2010

I finally got around to watching the movie "Precious." I find it no consequence that the week prior my family and I had been watching "Roots" by Alex Haley. The kids had wanted to know about slavery and we thought it a good idea to dust off Kunta Kinte so we did. It was amazing to see Roots again. I hadn't seen it since it was on TV over thirty years ago. I surly didn't remember all the topless women running all over Africa. Looking back at it there were so many cliche's and sexist attitudes even in the making of the movie; ah but I digress. I say all this to say that watching "Precious" reminded me that too many of us "Free Black People" negro, colored, Afro-American, African-American whatever you want to call yourself or answer to people are still slaves. We as a people are our own worst enemies. Back in the early seventies before "Roots" came out my best friend Chuck and I were talking about just this dilemma of the plight of the American Black and I commented that I believed that we would have to write off an entire generation of blacks and start all over again with the kindergartners. He expressed to me that my view was extremely harsh to which I replied; that generation would be lost anyway. I don't have an answer. I understand what circumstances brought us here but little or no effort is being made to get us out by the government or ourselves. I believe that Michael Jackson was right when he wrote "Man in the Mirror" for that is where the answer lies. It is time for black men to get married to one woman and stay with her raising his family with integrity and fidelity. Please go and watch the movie the movie "Precious" which I believe will make you a Republican (maybe) with respect to advocating the cessation of welfare which I believe is the single most crippling thing that has been done to us. It robs one of the initiative to work. It is the proverbial "free lunch." My conspiracy theory mentality which gives too much credit to the "White Supremacists" believes that "Welfare" is there way of hamstringing blacks by continuing to undermine the male leadership of the black family. That's enough for today. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment