Having Vision & being flexible

Having Vision & being flexible
a little something like this....may end up as the alternative due to $$

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wait and Watch

I'm getting the hang of this blog thing using drafts. That way I can post in seconds what was written when it came to me.

Abraham Lincoln's Farewell Speech to Springfield, IL.
"My friends, no one, not in my situation, can appreciate my feeling of sadness at this parting. To this place, and the kindness of these people, I owe everything. Here I have lived a quarter of a century, and have passed from a young to an old man. Here my children have been born, and one is buried. I now leave, not knowing when, or whether ever, I may return, with a task before me greater than that which rested upon Washington. Without the assistance of the Divine Being who ever attended him, I cannot succeed. With that assistance I cannot fail. Trusting in Him who can go with me, and remain with you, and be everywhere for good, let us confidently hope that all will yet be well. To His care commending you, as I hope in your prayers you will commend me, I bid you an affectionate farewell."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am to this day amazed by this man of destiny called Abraham.  From the day his mother named him it seems he was born to liberate; slaves from bondage and a nation from evil.  What Mr.William Shakespeare said Mr. Lincoln took to heart as God's will unfolded, ""Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them."
I know that it seems quite arbitrary to speak of President Lincoln out of the blue but in light of our current President Mr.Obama's speaking on health-care today I thought it appropriate to hope that Mr.O would rise to the occasion of the day and with the help of the one who can go with him and yet remain with us all, bring this nation to unity.  I sincerely hope that our collective elected officials find a way to bring a comprehensive health-care package to the well deserving people of America that will not bankrupt our grandchildren in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment